Upcoming OHUG Webinars
Trending Discussions in Employment Screening
Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:00pm CST
This webinar has been pre-approved for 1.0 SHRM PDC or
1 hour of general recertification credit by the HR Certification Institute.
Employers conducting employment background screening will need to keep compliance top of mind going into 2017. With focused regulatory oversight, a growing number of class-action lawsuits and the ever-present threat of data breaches, it’s a good time to touch base on the trending topics impacting screening programs and practices.
Learn why verifying a job candidate’s past work experience and educational accomplishments are two of the most important background checks an employer can conduct
Learn why post-hire screening is on the rise
Learn if employers are permitted to screen employees for prescription drugs
Discover common flaws in employer drug testing programs
Learn how to avoid the most common I-9 compliance mistakes
Discern why using social media to screen candidates is still risky
Participants will gain an understanding of why not all background checks are the same, why post-hire screening will continue to rise, what the EEOC recommends for the screening of prescription drugs, how to simplify I-9 compliance, and tips for navigating the pitfalls of social media screening.
Presented by: Peopletrail
Speaker: Wallace Davis
Learning Plans A-Z: Best Practices & Use Cases
Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:00pm CST
This session will cover best practices and use cases for learning plans from beginning to end.
- The presenter will first discuss the basics of setting up a learning plan, specifically covering the main pieces that every learning plan must include (e.g.: title, description, mapped items, users, etc.).
- Next, the presenter will go into optional features of a learning plan and how to use these features advantageously (e.g.: optional items, user self-mapping, enforced completion order, etc.).
- Special coverage will be given to learning plan communication because while messages are not technically required to create a learning plan, communications can make or break the success of a plan.
- Then the speaker will discuss the bulk loader templates available for learning plans and how to use these effectively (currently only one template: "User Learning Plan Mapping").
- Finally, the presenter will conclude with tips/tricks on how to sunset learning plans.
Speaker: Lauren Correa, HDR University Administrator
Successful Strategies for Digital Learning
Thursday, July 6, 2017 12:00pm CST
Learning isn’t just about compliance, it can be a continuous journey that further engages and develops your employees. Are you leveraging your employees and the intellectual properties they produce to disseminate information throughout the enterprise and further strengthen it? Attend this session where we’ll discuss some best practices on enabling employee contributions to your learning system using videos, tutorials and communities in Oracle Learning Cloud in a way that is as simple as using Facebook or YouTube.
Speaker: David Kottcamp, Director, HCM Cloud Product Management
Improving the Candidate Experience to Bring Employer Brand to Life
Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:00pm CST
Attracting and retaining the right talent for your organization is harder than ever, and the channels and tools candidates use to find your brand have become moving targets. Crafting a resonant employer brand is only one part of the equation—candidates have come to expect world-class digital user experiences that reflect the employer brand proposition at every stage of the application flow.
For talent acquisition teams, the challenge of how and where to best connect with candidates doesn’t have to be a question—imbuing your digital employer brand strategy with candidate-centric UX strategy can help ensure candidates understand your employer brand value all the way through applying. Better understanding candidates’ needs, designing experiences to meet those expectations on every device, and gaining real-world insights into candidate behaviors can help HR and TA teams proactively solve for applicant needs. The first step is adopting a candidate experience approach to employer brand product design.
- How to define candidate personas for your talent audience to guide smarter messaging and channel strategy for your employer brand
- How to design your careers website and application flow to better represent your employer brand and exceed each candidate’s expectations
- How to implement analytics tracking and tagging strategies into each stage of the apply flow to gain insights into candidate behaviors
Presented by: Punchkick
Speaker: Sarah Hertzberg, Director of Customer Success