OHUG 2019 Keynote Speakers
OHUG Board Welcome and Opening Keynote
Jason Averbook, HCM Thought Leader and CEO Leapgen
Monday, June 10, 8:45 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Our Time is Now
The world of Digital Transformation is upon us and attacking our worlds as HR technology professionals from all angles. Our approaches are being challenged, our processes are being questioned and our technology decisions are continually up for debate as the world outside of work continues to change at a faster pace than that inside of work. At the same time, the “digital natives” are here and asking questions like “why do we do it that way?” and “is there an easier way to get work done?”
The intersection of a new era of work, a new breed of workers and continually changing technology and expectations of our tools has created a perfect storm or what Jason likes to call Our Time! It is our time to take a different approach to how we are HR technologists think about our domain. We must help our leaders and our colleagues understand the difference between Digital and Technology and truly what the role that HR needs to play to be seen as successful in today's world. During Jason’s entertaining presentation, he will open your eyes to topics such as:
- How to create a strategy and vision around the use of HR and workforce technology tools
- Why design thinking is a key component of anyone in the HR and workforce technology space now and into the future
- How we act as a HR technology function has changed forever. How do we need to change ourselves to meet the needs of the market
- Why the experience economy we live in today is changing our roles and making us rethink our past decisions
- Why a solid foundation and data will make or break the world of HR technology into the future
Jason works with HR, IT and Business Leaders around the world helping them understand these concepts and is excited to bring them to our vibrant OHUG community!
Jason’s Keynote will be followed by an exclusive workshop for those interested going deeper.
-- How to Create a Vision and Strategy in Today's World of HR/Workforce Technology –
Monday, June 10, 10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
In today's world of HR and Workforce Technology, a focus on Digital Transformation vs simply Technology Transition is a key to success both in the short and long term. To truly transform the HR function to prepare itself for the workforce of today and that of the future, a holistic approach around MIndset, People, Process and Technology is required to have any chance of success.
Join this interactive workshop with Jason Averbook, CEO and Co-Founder of Leapgen, A Digital Transformation Company Shaping The Future of Work as he walks through the recipe for to create a vision as well as a strategy and plan giving us the ingredients to ACT now to bring the coming HR and workforce technology landscape of 2020 into focus. In this workshop, you will learn:
- What is a VisionMap and why is it important
- How to prioritize HR and workforce initiatives
- How to drive alignment across the HR function
- How to understand your workforce through the use of Human Centered Design
- How to digitize vs. automate your people processes
- How to align technology to your overall vision and strategy
You will leave this workshop with the tools to create your future vision and strategy as well as with a mindset around what the future of our HR function looks like as 2020 comes into focus.
Women In Technology Keynote
Lizzy Morris, Scrum Master and Agile Trainer
Wednesday, June 12, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Be Present in Your Future:
Innovation Starts with You
The tech community is one that is male-dominated. One where women are present but silent, therefore many times overlooked. One of the obstacles preventing women from taking a seat at the table is the lack of a voice and self-confidence. The gender gap cannot be closed if women are not moving towards leadership positions. However, women find themselves second-guessing whether they should voice opinions in the boardroom or ask for promotions because of a lack of confidence. Addressing how to increase self-confidence is critical if women want to be impactful and effective leaders. In order to do so, they must be Present at the table, Present in their careers, and Present in the direction of their Future.
Being present in your own career means you are intentional about the trajectory of your future. If women are to make their presence known in any industry, they must take ownership and consciously decide to brand themselves as a rare and precious commodity. This starts with being Innovative about the way you present yourself to others and extending that innovation to the way you work, lead and develop new ideas or improve existing ones.
It is urgent that we as women learn how to overcome the obstacles that are keeping us from reaching the pinnacle of our careers. This is not a lecture, rather an interactive exploration into knocking down barriers. I will help you learn how to bring your own seat to the table, so you don’t have to wait for someone to offer you one.
Be prepared to:
- Become a stepping stone for the next generation of women in tech
- Create your own narrative
- Be unapologetic about asking for what you want
- Lead and work with an agile mindset
- Bring out the innovator in you